Rug Empire stands behind every product it sells with a goal of 100% satisfaction for “you” the customer. From time to time, there may be an issue with the rug chosen. We have designed our return policy to ensure that any problem can be efficiently resolved. Please note the steps in our return policy below when purchasing a rug.
- Damaged Rug - Unfortunately items are occasionally damaged in transit. If your order(s) are visibly faulty / damaged by the courier, please refuse the shipment and notify Rug Empire. If the fault / damage is discovered after the rug has been opened, report all damages to Rug Empire with images of affected areas within a reasonable time, ideally 5 days of receiving the rug. Rug Empire cannot honor any returns or faulty / damage claims after the 5-day period. Once the return claim is approved, we will issue you with a damage call tag, and organise a pickup with a courier company, when the rug/s have been received into the warehouse, we will credit you within 1-2 business days after inspection. If you choose to have the rug redelivered please notify Rug Empire.
- Wrong item delivered - Very occasionally we may accidentally ship the wrong item to you. If you have received an incorrect item, please contact us at Rug Empire as soon as possible, ideally within 3 business days of receiving the rug. We will arrange for the rug to be picked up and the correct rug shipped to you at no cost.
- Change of Mind – We understand that rugs can look and feel different in person than they do on screens, that is why we inform all buyers to allow for a slight variation of colours depending on monitor screens and to read descriptions of materials used carefully. Despite this, if the rug doesn’t suit your home and you would like to return. Rug Empire will honour returns with a 20% re stocking fee and a freight cost for the rug to be picked up. These fees vary depending on the cost and size of the rug. Change of mind returns can be made no longer than 14 days after receiving the rug. Return requests must be made by contacting Rug Empire via email or on our contact us link via our website. If you have purchased the wrong size rug and would like to exchange, 20% restocking fee and freight charges will apply. These charges may differ depending on the rug. Clearance rugs can not be returned.
- Our Rights & Yours - As a consumer, you are entitled to the benefit of statutory consumer guarantees in respect of items purchased from Rug Empire. If you believe a rug is faulty, and after discussing this issue with Rug Empire and would still like to return the rug for a refund or exchange for a new one. Request must be made within the 14-day period. Refund policy fees stated above in section 3 will apply. Rug Empire has the right to refuse any refunds/returns after the 14 day period.
- Sending Rugs Back - All returned rug/s must be covered by using the original packaging of the rug or large heavy-duty rubbish bags to entirely cover the rug from external damages. Please note we cannot honor refunds or replacements for items damaged in return transit due to poor/insufficient packaging or if a rug is returned soiled from use, including food or animal hairs. Return Merchandise Authorization (R.M.A) slips will be emailed to you, to print and stick onto the wrapping of the plastic, these slips must be taped to the rug. Without the labels, we are unable to identify where the rug has come from once delivered to the warehouse.
- Sending Rugs Back - If you would like to go ahead with a rug return, please confirm a suitable pick up day between Monday to Friday. Please note we cannot book pick ups for weekends and we require 1-2 business day’s notice to book a return. Please note we cannot guarantee a pickup time - the courier would pick up any time between 08:00 – 17:00 on the specified day. If the customer requires a specific time window, we suggest booking for a day they will be at home between 08:00 – 17:00 or to leave the rug in a safe place on your property for the courier to collect. We do not allow any customers to personally return the rug as it is an operating warehouse. There are trucks and forklifts operating, as a health and safety liability Rug Empire will not accept any in person returns.